Thursday, March 24, 2011

When we GIVE, We Recieve. Im goin to AFRICA!!!! Want to SOW some seeds with me?

Hi friends,

Our family has had so many changes in the last several years. Growing is not always easy... but, Im learning, always worth it---whether its growing in numbers OR growing spiritually!! Most of you know that about 8 years ago while attending Brindlee Mt Baptist Church with the amazing Pastor Ken Galyean as our fearless leader, Phillip and I accepted the call of ministry on our lives. We weren't sure what that meant or where that would take us, but with our whole hearts we cried out "We WILL be your hands and you feet.. SEND US". It has been a common thing to hear us reference movin our family to Africa. We have just known that some day our paths would cross with the hungry people of people outside of the USA.


In June, I AM going to Lira, Uganda for 2 weeks with a mission team from our church, Liberty Church in Arab, Al. I am super excited. Sad, that my sweet husband will not be on this journey with me, but at complete peace knowing he will be here with our children on his very own journey ;).

In Lira, Uganda there is no welfare, unemployment, social security, free public schools, nursing homes, WIC, retirement plans, Medicare, government housing, or food stamps. There is little to no employment opportunities. The basic necessities of life such as food, water, clothing, shelter, education, and medical treatment are almost non existent.

Liberty Church has connected to Bridge of Hope Church, Lira, Uganda for an ongoing relatioinship to win the lost, make disciples, and DESTROY the works of the devil!! Pastor James has been a pastor in Uganda for 21 years, but has recently started the Bridge of Hope Church In Lira. He and his church leaders have a heart for hurting people of Lira and there is presently NO American support reaching out to Lira and the surrounding villages. Together, we will be working in the starting of ongoing educations, employment, child sponsorship, and medical opportunities, as well as life instructional classes, such as marriage, parenting, and financial management though the Bridge of Hope church.


So.. how can YOU help? How can you GO to the hurting people in Lira Uganda? There are a couple of things I need... I have 48 hours to raise the money for my plane ticket, 1800.00. After that I will have till mid April to fund the additional 1700.00. I am not great at asking for help. BUT, I need your help. I will also be taking a 50lb bag of ministry items to be distributed to church members or village people. The items I have chosen are pens, pencils and suckers :) MOST of all, my family also need your prayers. Prayers of preparation, provision and PEACE for my children while I am away. Please pray for the Ministry team from Liberty and for the people of Lira. I am confident that GOd is preparing the way as I type this. I am excited to share the LOVE of Jesus with the WORLD...literally now!!! To hug on those babies and share the mercy and forgiveness of our Savior with the hurting ppl of Lira. God is GOOD and HE IS faithful to us in the midst of our pain and sin. HIS LOVE knows NO BOUNDARIES. I pray you and I learn to LIVE passionately NOW... to LEAVE this world BOLDY.. having given ALL we can to share the love of Jesus with our neighbors and THE NATIONS.


You can paypal your financial donation to joellebrooks@hotmail.com  Choose gift or donation so no fees are incurred.

TO MAIL your donation please email me at joellebrooks@hotmail.com.

If you would like to donate pens, pencils, erasers or rulers...OR suckers.. email or call me and I will pick them up or you can mail to me or drop by my house.

I feel led to tell you that the amount you give... is not whats important here. My hope is that if when reading the inital email you felt that nudging in your spirit to get on board and BE a part of this, that you will PRAY and ask GOD "how?". LET HIM show you. It may be by covering us in prayer, or the Holy Spirit may say "give 10.00", he may say "give 1000.00", you may buy a pack of suckers when your at Wal Mart. No dontation is too small to make a difference here. If there were to be surplus monetarily as far as my goal is concerned, I will be giving that to the ministry to use for other team member or needs in Lira.

God blesses us so that we CAN BE a blessing to others! We are blessed in MANY different ways, I am POSITIVE God will use something He has give you to make a difference.

1800.00 in 48 hours may seem BIG to us...but its NOTHING to God!! Thank you for taking the time to read this and listen. Prayerfully consider how YOU can go and MAKE a difference in Lira. I am SO excited to BE USED by HIM in a COMPLETELY different way...AND I am excited to SEE how God uses YOU to make it happen! Thank you so much for your prayers and consideration! My cell is 256-558-6625 if you have any questions.

Love you all!
Joelle
"If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving—large or small—it will be used to measure what is given back to you."  Luke 6:38 ... there it is.. in HIS word..and He cannot LIE, HE WILL return what you give... COMPLETELY to MAKE ROOM FOR MORE!!! Give of your time in prayer or of your resources, but God is gonna USE this seed!!! Cant wait to see you reap a HARVEST!!!
AND I PROMISE to bring back a picture or 10,000 to show you!! woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment