Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 23, 2011 catch up..

June 23, 2011




We had such a busy, long, exhausting day today. Breakfast at the Grand Pacific hotel, devotion with Diana, then off to meet ALL the local government officials. The Chairman, Speaker, Assistant to the chariman..or maybe mayor?? Lol.. And then the Mayor and police chief.



THEN, we were OFF to our very first village. And, we were again greeted by women and children running beside the bus dancing and singing and hoopin and hollerin ;) We took our seats. Talked, prayed and introduced ourselves. The women sang and danced. THEN, they cut us lose. Meaning…we were swarmed with people. Shalom asked me to minister to the children. It was good… I was a little scared. I had never used an interpretor before. And I wasn’t prepared… or was I?? lol.. I’m always preaching to my kids!! And Diana had just sent me a scripture the previous week, about being ready at all times. So, I spoke on the power of prayer and how we can pray and expect to receive.



I met so many people and children. There was a little girl, I first saw when we were driving into the villge, she was wearing a yellow dress…and the sweetest smile. She came and sat in my lap almost the entire ‘program’. She layed her head on my shoulder…and my heart swelled. Kellie, Ramona and Meredith too, had kids on their laps. Ramona’s peed on her!! Ha. She took it all in stride. The kids loved her.



There were so many children …staring RIGHT into your eyes. At the first village it was as if they could wait for you to speak to them or touch them. They ALL wanted a “photo” taken of them. One lady pulled me to the side and asked me to pray for God to bring her a husband. She said God told her to ask me to pray for her. I prayed for her and then she asked for my pone number. Pastor James had warned us that people would ask. And told us not to give it out. That they would write to us asking for money. So, I did not give it to her…but I felt so bad. She kept saying that she just wanted to keep in touch with me so that she could let me know when God sent her a husband. I assured her I would continue to pray for her and left. L That’s all I could do.



One little girl had something wrong with her arm,. It looked like, open..drying blisters or something and her elbow down was purple. We met so many people. With such great needs. They were hungry for love and attention. For prayer and healing.



In the 2nd village the moment the introductions, prayers, songs and dance were over and we were released we were mobbed with people. I mean, I could move. I couldn’t turn around. I couldn’t see Meredith or anyone from my team. Just people grabbing me to hug me and talk. One lady handed me her baby. Her infant baby..and said “you take her”… I laughed..and hugged the baby up… I thought she was kidding… I turned and she was walking away. ?? I grabbed her and laughed it off and handed her baby back to her… but, what was she doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment