Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our Uganda Journey has BEGUN!

Good Morning from Lira, Uganda AFRICA!!! Our journey here was long. And Im gonna tell ya all about it...but let  me say.... Im gonna give it to ya straight... I am a US citizen and all that that implies. I will be real...so dont judge me till you live it.

Leaving my family Monday morning was the one of the hardest things I have ever done. Making the decision to GO in Feb., was easy.. I knew God told me to GO...HE answered and SOLVED every SINGLE concern I had about going before I could even give Him to full complaint...example... "God, the kids are in school...there is NO way I have chldcare for 2 weeks!" answer...trip in the summer. example... "God, I dont have 3500.00...what are  you thinking?... God "4,000.00 is nothing to me". example " God, I dont have anyone I could ask to take care of my kids for 2 weeks.." GOd "Trust me"...then HE told me exactly who would keep them...and old friend, i had not seen in a while and who would be WELL into her 3rd trimester when we would leave in June. ...how would I even ask her? Hadnt talked to her much or seen her in months and months. That day....walking into Wal Mart---who do you think God caused me to walk RIGHT into as soon as we walked into the doors. My friend, Celeste....who HE appointed to care of my kids while i was away. It was confirmation. and it was easy. The biggest need...i thought at the time...was  the financial need. And GOD provided that...in the form of 29 very special people...in 9 days. NINE days. again, confirmation. I struggled with so much over the next couple of  months.... sickness, crying over not hearing my kids voices for 2 weeks, not touching my husband.... cars breaking down, the Tornado's ripping thru our communities...and then, my father in law died on June 3. 2 weeks before we were to leave. It was truely devestating. I was broken thinking of leaving my kids and husband and mother in law alone with their grief. I'm a mom... i fix  them. or, I try. I couldn't fix this. I had to let it go and trust that God...our true comforter and only REAL "fixer" would comfort them and mend their broken hearts. I did not want to GO to Africa. I was torn...and only wanted to be with my family. In my Spirit...the CALL from God, on my life to "GO" had  not changed. Walking the instruction OUT, being obedient...DYING to my flesh...that was hurt and screaming at God, was the hardest thing. Recommiting. I have NO doubt why God answered those initial concerns so quickly...so I would be able to look back and KNOW...that I know...that I know...that this WAS my time to GO. But, honestly....it didn't help the hurt.

OK....I have ran out of time and i didnt even get to the GREAT stuff!!!! :/. time for breakfast... pretty Kellei & Mere have come.    to be continued.... love, j.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you, sweet child! I love you, Momma Jackie

    ReplyDelete