Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011


FIRST day of the 2nd Encounter and I am stuck in this hotel room sick!! I cannot believe this. I have been battling nausea for several days now. It’s so frustrating. I was in my room this morning…watching the team, minus Kellie & I (Kellie is also sick) outside my window. I could see them across the yard, they were under tents doing morning devotion. They began praying. I saw the girls huddled in a circle. I was praying here in this little bitty room, and my spirit was literally being drawn to them. I mean, I could not stand there any longer. I don’t remember putting my shoes on, or even walking to them… I just remember Theresa and Janice wrapping me up in the circle and the comfort I felt once smushed in the circle.

Honestly, I do not understand why God would burden my heart so deeply for these people and bring me all the way here and then let me be stuck in a room sick for the Encounter!! BUT, what I DO know is that HE didn’t cause the sickness… the devil is scared of something. He just keeps attacking. SO, I gotta press thru. The vision of doing an Encounter is what set my spirit blazing to come here.

Now, sweet, faithful Father in Heaven…come alongside me and USE this alone time to speak to me through your LIFE giving, BODY HEALING word.

__________________________________________________________
Wow… God, your fast…. (here’s what He gave me folks…. Like within a minute of praying)

Out of the book of Acts.

Pauls missionary adventures shows us the progress of Christianity. The gospel could not be confined to ONE corner of the world. THIS was a faith that offered HOPE to ALL humanity. We, too, should venture forth and share this heroic task to witness for CHRIST in ALL the world!!!

Acts 13:1-12 look it up. Heres some of the commentary and what I got from these verses:::

What variety there is in the churches. The common thread among these 5 men was their deep faith in Christ. We must never exclude anyone whom Christ has called to follow Him. Like the early church, if believers today do their part to reach out to ALL who are LOST, church congregations will eventually be comprised of people from different racial AND cultural backgrounds. We are most comfortable with those who are just like us. Clearly, at the root of these tendencies is the ugly sin of prejudice. The more we understand the gospel and embrace God’s version of the body of Christ, however, the more the more we will begin to transcend those differences!!! MORE than merely getting along, we will be able to honestly and authentically say from our hearts that we LOVE each other.

Father, Grow us. Help us to accept us, and point them to you. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment