Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 29, 2011 continued. Observations in Africa

June 29, 2011 part 2




Jehovah Shalom The Lord IS Peace



At the Encounter…feeling much better. Im sitting in the back, watching 2 ladies outside. One is dressed in a pretty pink skirt, and white top. She is busy busy picking up, her home… I guess. It is a structure about 8 feet tall, no walls, tin roof, 6 pieces of wood holsing it up. She has a little pink brush…with the mirror on the back. She has no hair. Shaved to her scalp…and yet she combs and combs and combs. Diligently. Then, she turns the brush over and examines herself in the small mirror. She sees something not right with her teeth… she bends over and scrubs her teeth on the hem of her skirt.



Near Ms pretty in pink are 3 small children playing. The smallest is strapped…with a scarf or something like it …to the back of the bike. The oldest child is riding the bike from one side. Foot thru to reach the other pedal…but only on one side of the bike. Then the little girl is pushing the bike from the back…for good measure. Around and around they go.



There is a large mound of dirt right outside the church building. Several other children are just playing on the pile of dirt. Perfectly content.



What appears to me to be a mom, just picked her daughter up and hugged her tightly. The daughter may be 2 or 3. I see tons and tons of mothers caring for their children here. Nursing them, giving out letters to try and get just one American to help with finances. They carry them everywhere they go. On their backs. I LOVE that. I’d like to have another baby JUST to be able to do that!! ;) But, I honestly haven’t seen very much interaction…. Like one on one…. Emotional, love giving, kissing, hugging, playing with, type of thing. This mom has warmed my heart. It is a different culture. No better, o worse. Just different.



I dare my children to tell be they are bored… I will gather all games systems, ipods, phones, computers, even basketballs, footballs…. And give them a mound of dirt and a bicycle. I think that is really a perfect plan. J

No comments:

Post a Comment